You will be aware the internet hosts many exciting opportunities for education.
The online world is a wonderful place for young people to explore with unprecedented opportunities for learning and creativity, but just like the real world there are risks and dangers they should be aware of and which we should all act to protect them from.
As a school we encourage the use of technology as an important part of our students’ development but always want them to spend their time online safely. As a parent/carer you can play a significant part in ensuring this.
Top Tips for Parents:
- Talk to you child, early and often
- Explore online together
- Know who you child is talking to online
- Set rule boundaries
- Make sure content is age-appropriate
- Use parental controls to filter, restrict, monitor and report content
- Check they know how to use privacy settings and reporting tools