Important information – EUSS

Dear Parent/Carer,

I am writing to you regarding the European Union Settlement Scheme (EUSS) and how to access free support with this matter.

If you or the child’s other parent is from the European Union, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein, and was living in the UK on or before 31 December 2020, it is important you read this letter and consider all dependent children. Leaving the EU brings with it change to the immigration status of people from the countries previously listed. If this is you and you want to remain in the UK legally, you must apply to the EUSS by 30 June 2021. You must also apply for all babies, children, and young people. If your child was born in the UK or you think you may have permanent settled status, in most cases they will still need to apply.

Apply online at:

If you want help to apply, you can get free specialist advice from local organisations. Their contact details are on Newcastle City Council’s website:

Your Homes Newcastle (YHN) can help and they have an agreement with the Council around protecting and using information you share. You do not have to be a tenant of YHN to contact them about this. YHN’s EUSS Team can be contacted by email at: or you can ring 0191 2771190 (9am – 4:30pm, Mon to Fri). It’s important that you get advice as it can affect you and your family’s rights to live, work and claim benefits in the UK.

If you require any support with this, please contact the school office on 0191 2625552.

Yours Sincerely,

M Smith

Mr M Smith

Head Teacher